For my vegetarian friends here is a recipe I love especially in this time of year, only because I can find beautiful tomatoes and big and healthy eggplants. This is my “Montadito de Berenjena” or Eggplant Tapenade.
2-3 tbs olive oil
Half cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 tbs light mayonnaise
1 spoon crushed garlic
Salt and pepper
- Slice eggplants, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill the eggplant for 5 minutes until is cooked.
- Prepare the mix, add your mayonnaise, cheese, garlic, pepper and half of the lime.
- Plate the eggplant slices on a plate, top each one with a slice of tomato and add a spoon of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Garnish each appetizer with your fresh dill and serve warm or cold.